On Tuesday we posted the latest AIM for Mac client, Beta3, on our beta website.Â AIM for Mac was first released a month ago, and in that time we have made a bunch of changes.Â The application is built on top of the Open AIM Cocoa framework that is available as part of the Open AIM Mac SDK.Â Here are some highlighted changes in Beta 3:
- Redesigned Buddy List header area and added Quick Status and Away toggle
- Find Buddy search box is now toggled using the magnifying glass icon
- Will now auto-format phone numbers so users can send IMs to SMS text message capable phones**
- Fixed issue for Tiger users to correctly display status messages on the Buddy List
- Preference window will now remember size/screen position
- Fixed auto-accept file transfer preferences when user closes and reopens application
As always we appreciate feedback on how this client is coming along.
** – I find it interesting that Google Talk launched IM to SMS as a very very burried feature in GTalk today.Â It will be 5 years on December 17th this year that we released IM to SMS for AIM.Â I along with our mobile team in Seattle and our AIM Host team in Dulles brought this great feature to the client oh so many years ago.