Starbucks has said for years that it offers over 87,000 drink menu combinations, but just recently a new secret menu has been revealed by loyal Starbucks customers. Â There are some famous other secret menus, the best being In-n-Out’s Super Secret Menu.
I definitely need to check out some of these awesome new drinks at Starbucks.
- Biscotti Frapuccino: Buy a biscotti and ask the barista to blend it up with any flavor of frapuccino. It blends into tiny cookie chunks that add a delicious little crunch to your frozen coffee.
- Short Drink: The sizes the â€œmainstream menuâ€ gives you are â€œTall,â€ â€œGrandeâ€ and â€œVenti,â€ but if you say you want the â€œshortâ€ size to any Starbucks drink you can receive a less expensive and smaller sized drink. Although this size is in their cash register, they donâ€™t put it on the menu as a marketing strategy to make customers buy larger and more expensive drinks.
- Short cappuccino: A â€œShortâ€ cappuccino is a more Italian style cappuccino. Basically this cappuccino leaves out the gallons of milk Starbucks puts in for the more traditional amount of dairy that the drink originated with.
- Red Eye: A shot of espresso in regular drip coffee.
- Black Eye: Two shots of espresso in regular drip coffee.
- Green Eye: Three shots of espresso in regular drip coffee. Not for anyone with a heart condition or road rage issues.
- Poor Manâ€™s Latte: Order an Iced Americano with no water and half ice, then you can add free half and half at the little milk and condiments table. This is the same drink as a Breve Latte but costs much less. Just watch out for the classy police. This is definitely not the most chic thing to be caught doing by your mother-in-law or boss.
- Poor Manâ€™s Chai Latte: Order a Chai Tea Misto with extra foam, two tea bags, and half cinnamon-half vanilla syrup. This is basically the same drink but almost half the price.
- Cafe au Lait: If your French and looking for something nostalgic of your homeland order the Misto without foam for a classic French coffee drink.
- French pressed coffee: You can choose any coffee they sell by the bag and have it served in a French press. For coffee snobs, this is one of the best way to appreciate all of the flavors of the coffee you chose.
- Chocolate Cream Frapuccino: Chocolate syrup and chocolate flavoring. Lots and Lots of chocolate! Do not underestimate the amount of chocolate in this frozen blended coffee. Only for the true chocolate loverÂ die hard.
- Chocolate Dalmatian: A White Chocolate Mocha with java chips and chocolate chips sprinkled in.
- Cake Batter Frappuccino: Perhaps a little deceptively named, as there are no actual piece of cake or cake batter in it, this beverage adds vanilla and almond syrup to a Vanilla Frappuccino.
- Zebra Mocha: Sometimes also called a â€œPenguin Mocha,â€ this drink combines the white chocolate mocha with the regular mocha for those who canâ€™t pick a favorite. Or, if you really want to take it to the next level, ask to have raspberry flavoring added for something called the â€œRed Tuxâ€ Mocha
- Captain Crunch Frappuccino: Fans say that the combination of hazelnut syrup (though some folks contend it should be toffee nut) in aÂ Strawberries and Creme Frappuccino is a dead ringer for the flavor of Captain Crunch cereal.
Now I must warn you, The Washington City Paper tried ordering some of these secret items and had varying success. Â In the end if you can describe what’s in the drink then the drink you shall have. Â Starbucks gets an A+ for customer service.