Update – Hat tip to Aaron Jorbin for catching that you need to be an Admin to do this and you can’t be using MultiSuite. If you are using MultiSuite then you need to be a super admin.
The best content on the web is not limited to big publishers, some of the best writers on the web are really passionate bloggers. One of the challenges we bloggers have is to keep our visitors engaged on the site and introduce these visitors to otherwise undiscoverable content.
At AddThis, we are trying to solve this problem with the Trending content box. With AddThis installed on 14M+ domains and seeing 1.3B users our data network and data processing capabilities can surface the most social content for your WordPress blog. You may be asking, “how hard is it for me to do this?” As with any of our tools, they are super easy to install and you get awesome real-time analytics as well.
Here are the step by step instructions to add the Trending content box to your WordPress Blog.
- Go to AddThis.com/get/trending
- Sign in with your AddThis account, if you don’t have an account or don’t use our sharing tools, sign up. It’s free and enables visitors to share your content to Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and 300+ other services.
- Customize the Trending content box. Pick the colors of the box, the size and how many links you want to display.
- Copy the code and log into your WordPress blog.
- Choose Appearance->Widgets and drag the Text widget to your Main Sidebar
- Paste the copied code into the Text Widget and hit Save.
Your blog’s top social content will now appear in the sidebar of your blog helping you keep visitors engaged. If you are looking for more advanced features or want to hit the API for the feed directly, checkout these docs.