I had an iPhone 3GS for 2+ years and for a short time while still at AOL, I had an iPhone4. Â When I turned in my AOL iPhone4 in December, I decided to grin and bear it until the next iPhone came out. Â So was my game plan of waiting worth the wait?
There is no discernable difference between iPhone4 and iPhone4S on the surface, however, it only takes a few minutes of using the phone to know there have been some important improvements.
- The connection speed is much faster. Â Loading webpages, getting email, it’s all just much faster.
- Getting my location is much faster, so loading Google Maps, Foursquare, Facebook Places, just works so much better.
- The camera rules. Â From videos to pictures, the quality of photos I am taking now with the iPhone is as good as my point and shoot. Â Take a look for yourself:
Here are some of the things that have not won me over yet:
- While everyone is fawning over Siri, I have not really used it. Â I think it has tremendous potential, especially once application developers can start fully taking advantage of it.
- iCloud works, but it does not feel like a finished Apple product. Â I can’t see what photos have synced via a web page and overall managing what is being synced between my 4+ devices was not as easy as it could be.
- I had to do a full restore on my wife’s phone because every time we loaded a photo album the app would crash. Â We could not delete the photos, nor could we restore from a backup. Â The full restore seems to fix thing.
Moving from iPhone3 or 3GS to iPhone4S is a no brainer, but I would definitely hold off on moving from the iPhone4 to iPhone4S. Â The camera, Siri and the better speed is not worth the upgrade in my opinion.