I had an iPhone 3GS for 2+ years and for a short time while still at AOL, I had an iPhone4. When I turned in my AOL iPhone4 in December, I decided to grin and bear it until the next iPhone came out. So was my game plan of waiting worth the wait?
There is no discernable difference between iPhone4 and iPhone4S on the surface, however, it only takes a few minutes of using the phone to know there have been some important improvements.
- The connection speed is much faster. Loading webpages, getting email, it’s all just much faster.
- Getting my location is much faster, so loading Google Maps, Foursquare, Facebook Places, just works so much better.
- The camera rules. From videos to pictures, the quality of photos I am taking now with the iPhone is as good as my point and shoot. Take a look for yourself:
Here are some of the things that have not won me over yet:
- While everyone is fawning over Siri, I have not really used it. I think it has tremendous potential, especially once application developers can start fully taking advantage of it.
- iCloud works, but it does not feel like a finished Apple product. I can’t see what photos have synced via a web page and overall managing what is being synced between my 4+ devices was not as easy as it could be.
- I had to do a full restore on my wife’s phone because every time we loaded a photo album the app would crash. We could not delete the photos, nor could we restore from a backup. The full restore seems to fix thing.
Moving from iPhone3 or 3GS to iPhone4S is a no brainer, but I would definitely hold off on moving from the iPhone4 to iPhone4S. The camera, Siri and the better speed is not worth the upgrade in my opinion.